VAUXHALL ASTRA CYLINDER HEAD PROBLEM

2004 Vauxhall Astra • 120,000 miles

Hi,

I have an Astra 1.7 CDTI - it is a Van Derived Car.

The issue im having is when i drive steady its fine but if i change gear and accelerate fairly fast, it CLUNKS, Rattles and the car jolts back and forward and PUFFS out WHITE SMOKE, the jolting is as if im just really gently tapping the brake.

Ive read online that it could be the Head Gasket or a Cracked Cylinder Head. If i put some of this in,

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_743657_categoryId_255217_langId_-1?cm_sp=Intelligent_Offer-_-Product_Details_Zone_1-_-Blank&iozone=PDPz1

along with some RED EX

do you think its worth trying, would that be worst case - costs me 12 quid, dosent fix it.. Best case it fixes it for 12 quid?

Or is there more to it than this that i might damage something putting that in..

Cheers

Dave Marsden
info@unicornelectrical.co.uk