VAUXHALL AGILA FUSE PROBLEM

2004 Vauxhall Agila

My mate told me he would fit a new stater motor for me when he did it didn't do any thing but click so I left it I checked it my self yesterday and seem that he had put the wires wrong way round would this have cooked my ecu thanks
Lee bones

We have no info on this but wiresinstalled incorrectly I doubt would fry the ecu but you never know, get them hooked up right then try to start car. Thee shold be alarge fuse that blows to protect circutiry so check underhood fuse box.

It's a Astra sorry not a aglia I have put the wires right now couldn't find any fuses gone and I'm still having just one click when I turn the key any ideas thanks for your answer

Lee bones
Welllike I said we have no info n vauxhalls we dont' h ave them in the u.S. But anyhow have your battery checked. It should read 12.4 volts at least with engine off then have it load tested. Clean the terminals if it tests ok then check your starter relay and fuse it should be in your under hood fuse box. If it still won't startthe check your cablesbut you shold know a lot by the time you test what i've said. It cold be possible it's an ignition switch as well. One other thing don't let your mate touch your carunless you are giving him a ride lol.

Thanks again where and how do I change my ignition switch thanks

Lee bones
Check yoru battery first and your relay and fuses. It may nto be your switch and pro should check that anyhow.