WHY WON'T THE CAR START?

2004 Toyota Highlander • 130,000 miles

While passing a car on the interstate, my car went into passing gear, then the engine rpms increased even more then usual. I let of the gas, engine oil light came on and then the engine quit running. Coasted to a stop, tried to start engine and the starter just spun, it did not engauged the engine. The dealership told me that the engine was frozen, oil and antifreeze was gone, and starter was bad. But the car had had all its fluids and there were no leaks.
Jharmony

What is it doing? Cranking over and will not start or just won't crank at all/nothing when key is turn to cranking position

The engine does not turn over at all. The starter just spins and sounds like it is not engaging the fly wheel at all.

Jharmony
It sounds like the dealership techs were right. The key to this is you said the oil light cam eon. That is only supposed to happen when there is no oil pressure, whether there is oil in the oil pan or not.

Using a ratchet and socket, try turning the engine over by hand, putting the socket and ratchet on the crank bolt and turning clockwise.

Rivermikerat