TOYOTA COROLLA BRAKES PROBLEM

2004 Toyota Corolla • 110,000 miles

Scraping noise from rear brakes when hot. Brakes have been rebuilt, new drums, pads etc. This is second set of drums. Work done by a reputable repair shop. Any suggestions?
Georgeb

Could be the material of the shoes or a hardware issue. The drum may be hitting the backing plate.

See if the backing plate is touching the drum.

Djcl
YOU MIGHT INSURE THE BRAKES WERE REASSEMBLED CORRECTLY

WHETHER IT WAS DIY OR A SHOP. THAT DARN "TEXTING AT WORK" SEEMS TO AFFECT SERVICE AND REPAIRS A LOT

'COURSE IT COULDA JUST BEEN AN HONEST MISTAKE TOO!

LOOK AT THE SHOES. ARE THE PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SHOES IN THE CORRECT POSITIONS ON EACH WHEEL. ARE BOTH PRIMARY SHOES ON ONE WHEEL AND BOTH SECONDARIES ON THE OTHER. JUST STUFF TO PONDER!

LOOK FOR THE TELL-TALE SIGNS OF SHINY METAL, WHERE PARTS HAVE RUBBED TOGETHER

IF YOU ARE LOST/ CONFUSED---PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS---WE WILL HELP THE "BESTUS" WE CAN !

SENDING PICS HELPS TOO---IT'S REAL EZ.I'M SENDING PICS OF THE SIMPLE BRAKES ON MY '46 WILLY JEEP (NOTHING MEANT TO AID WITH YOURS)

Nice, CJ. You never cease to amaze me. LOL

THANKS!

ALWAYS WISHED EVERYONE HAD CHIPPED IN TOGETHER AND GAVE ME ANY AND ALL POSSIBILITIES OR ADVICE. EVEN IF IT WERE WRONG, I WOULDA HAD MORE TO INVESTIGATE ON, INSTEAD OF HAVING TO FIND IT MYSELF OR PAY SOMEONE TO TELL ME

NO INFO. IS BAD INFO

I SORTA STARTED OUT WITH NOTHING, BUT NOW, I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT

NOT TRYING TO "DEMEAN" NOBODY. JUST GIVING UP ANY INFO THAT COULD HELP THAT I MIGHT HAVE STORED UP TWEENXT MY EARS."CRS" IS SORTA BEGINNING TO TAKE OVER