SATURN VUE ENGINE PROBLEM

2004 Saturn Vue • 75,000 miles

This just started yesterday. My wife's car stalls at idle. It runs fine at all speeds, no dragging or any other indication of fuel clogs. The check engine light was on until I disconnected he battery to do some diagnostics. Last night I cleaned the air filter and when I ran it for 30-40 minutes it ran fine. After I shut the car off for 20 minutes and my wife cranked it back up, the problem returned.
Mmeyer24

Which engine and transmission do you have?Also have it scanned for codes they could help lead us to the problem.

4 cylinder - manual transmission

Mmeyer24
Alright have you had the engine scanned or codes yet?

I will have to do that after work today. Can I respond after that or are there some things I can look for prior to?

Mmeyer24
Let me know the code numbers not code descriptions? Also see if it idles better with the ac on if the ac works?

Interesting. With the A/C on it did not shut off on a short drive. One I came to a stop it would stay on until I turned the A/C off and then it stalled WITHOUT the A/C on. Also, the check engine soon light came back on during this short drive.

Mmeyer24
Alright get me those exact code numbers you have I want the letters and numbers.

Unfortunately I couldn't get any codes from the scanner. The scanner kept saying no connection. The clerk told me that the harness must not be connected. I tried to figure out where the harness was supposed to be connected under the hood and could not get to the bottom of the unit to check the harnesses. It appeared they were all connected though. Is there any way to prioritize the potential parts to replace?

Mmeyer24
With the no connection you could have a blown fuse do you have a test light or multi meter?If so see if the orange wire has power to the diagnostic connector?Also see if the power outlet or CIG fuse is blown?Are first step is getting those codes.

Have power to the harness Orange wire and no fuses blown

Mmeyer24