SHOCK REPLACEMENT

2004 Saturn Vue • V8 FWD Automatic •

I was quoted $1000 to replace shocks on my 2004 Saturn Vue. Does that sound reasonable?
LillyK91

Your talking about your rear shock's right?I need to know that so I tell you the correct cost of the repair.

I am pretty sure they said it was for rear and front.

LillyK91
How many mile's do you have on your vue?The shock's and strut's don't fail very often and to have all four go out like that is very strange. Did they tell you why they had to be replaced?

I have 88,000 miles. They just said it was part of recommended maintenance by Saturn. They also recommended changing the coolant and flushing out the fuel line. $1300 for all three.

LillyK91
I worked for saturn dealer's repairing car's over 16yrs iam a factory trained saturn tech I can tell you there isn't a recommended maintenance for changing the shocks and strut's you replace them when they fail not just for them to make money on you. As far as flushing the fuel line's unless you had some kind of contamination in your fuel system there is another waste of money. As far as the coolant goes I would have it tested you can even get your own coolant tester pretty cheap it's easy to do. Coolant on that vue should last a good 100,000 mile's or better I would probably change it at about 100,000 mile's with your 100,000 mile service.I would also find another place to get your vue worked on because that place is trying to take advantage of you. If you have any other question's let me know.

Wow! I had a bad feeling which led me to send the initial email. Thank you so much for helping me. I truly appreciate it.

Thanks!

LillyK91
Your welcome that's what were here for tell all your friend's about our website.