IM GETTING DTC P1882 CODE

2004 Saturn Vue • 168,000 miles

From start up the vehicle drives fine. Once it reaches 35mph+/- light comes on feels like slipping. Turn key off start back up light is off runs fine. As long as I stay under35 or 40 light doesnt come on theres no problem.I have the cover off but dont know what to test (tcc, ratio control, fluid/line pressure)or how to?
Charliebrown&lucy

I need to know if you have the 4cyl or 6cyl engine?

Its a 4cyl thanks for responding

Charliebrown&lucy
Bad news there is a bulletin for that code I have ran across a ton of these with bad side cover assemblys. Very common problem I have rebuilt and replaced so many of these transmissions I lost count.I posted the bulletin for you to read if you were under a 100,000 miles they would help you out at the dealer since you arent then you on the hook for the repair. You can call gm and see if they would split the repair with you but its still going to be a lot to repair it.I would also have a pressure test down on the transmission to make sure you dont have a valve body or pump issue tha will damage the new side cover.

Bad news is right. Trans is getting worst. Is it possible to switch to a newer model trans (96) or even manual trans? I can get the computer w/ either. Just asking I dont know. Any suggestion would help, the cheapest cvt is 3000.00. Thanks

Charliebrown&lucy
The first year of the vue was 2002 are you talking about a saturn S model transmission?If so they wont fit you could put a manual vue transmission in but that would be a lot of work.