STEERING

2004 Saturn L300 • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 142,000 miles

I drive a 2004 Saturn L300 sedan with a V6 and I have noticed that when I am idling and turn the wheel it thuds. When im backing up or taking off slowly and turn the wheel, it makes a groaning noise and feels like there is no power steering. How do I fix this?
Steven3293

So does the steering pop then you turn it some more then pop etc?AS far as the hard steering and whining goes check your power steering fluid level sounds like it's low.

My fluid was checked and its full. It pops no matter what way I turn. While im in reverse turning the wheel just before putting it in drive there is no power steering

Steven3293
To properly diagnose your no power steering you would need a power steering analyzer that would tell you if it was the pump or rack and pion that is bad.I would fix the no power steering then worry about the poping noise.