IDLE SPEED IN PARK

2004 Saturn L300 • 139,000 miles

Ok here we go.
I replaced the Mass Air Flow Sensor cause that died and car wouldnt stay running.
Now when in Park or in N the car idles at approx 2000 RPMs.
When in gear and driving it feels like it is not running correctly and the Tach is very Bouncy / Spongey for lack of better description.
My Son had to get car jumped one time also just as all this started with the Idle.

Trying to figure this out and cant find ecaxt part I need nor the location of components Please assist.
Mmccormick67

SENDING A LINK

SEE MY ANSWER AT THIS POST

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1997-jeep-wrangler-wrong-electrical-stuff

SURELY THIS WON'T HURT TO TRY THIS

RETURN HERE WITH A GRIN

Just to add to this one I would make sure the battery cables are clean and tight. Also have the battery and alternator tested a bad battery can cause some really strange things to happen. Do you have any codes in the computer?Did you make sure the air box was on and closed uped correctly?That will also cause problems. Also sometimes taking the negative battery cable will reset the computer. The computers get spiked sometimes from jump starts taking the battery cables on and off batteries getting run down etc?I would also check for a vaccuum leak.