TROUBLE TURNING ON. HAVE TO PUSH KEY INTO THE IGNITION

2004 SAAB 9-5 • 70,000 miles

My 2004 saab has been acting up. Its an automatic so I don't know what to do. I have yo push the key into the ignition to turn it on and sometimes even then it takes a few tries.
YessGlez1529

So having trouble TURNING key?

Fixitmr
Im sorry I didn't clarify that to begin with; no the key turns fine. But the car won't start. The battery is new. Its not the starter. After turning the key in the ignition to the on position it still doesn't turn on. I have to turn the key and then push it into the ignition for it to start. So then I turn the key to the on position it doesn't start. But when I push the key after turning it to the on position if I push down with a bit of force it will start cracking. Before all of this happened the ignition would not pop up after turning it on so I couldn't lock it with the keyless entry and the radio had to be manually turned off. Im wondering if its something with my ignition switch.

YessGlez1529
That would be the first suspect.

Fixitmr
Any ideas on how to fix it?

YessGlez1529

Fixitmr
If you need parts, check out M5 saab center on ebay.

Fixitmr