THE KEY AT TIMES WILL NOT RELEASE FROM THE IGNITION WHEN CAR IS TURNED OFF. THE CAR IS IN PARK. IF I DRIVE IT A SHORT DISTANCE AND TRY AFTER A WHILE

2004 SAAB 9-5 • 95,900 miles

When car is in park sometimes and I try to remove key as I turn car off, key will not release from ignition. If I then drivev car a short distance and continue this it willv eventually release and work finev for a while.
Barrylaw2

This is something I'm seeing and hearing about more and more. Your vehicle has the ignition key in the center console, if I recall, and is the only vehicle I've run into where I can't find any information on how to replace it. It looks like you need to remove or lift the center console to get at it.

Before replacing the ignition lock, remove it and clean it and lubricate it. They use pot-metal when casting them and pieces can be worn off.

Rivermikerat