IGNITION KEY WILL TURN BUT CAR WON'T TURN ON. TAKES SEVERAL TRIES. SOMETIMES AFTER TURNING IGNITION TO ON, HAVE TO PUSH KEY FURTHER INTO IGNITION.

2004 SAAB 9-5 • 78,000 miles

The key will turn in the ignition. The battery is new. Starter works. Car won't turn on. When I turn the key in the ignition the dash lights will all come on but the car won't start. It usually takes a few tries to turn on. Sometimes it helps to turn the key to the ON position and then apply more pressure to push the key further into the ignition. Before this started happening my wireless entry did not work because the ignition switch would not pop up when I pulled the key out. My radio would stay on as a result as well and had to be turned off manually. At times my car seems to "shudder" (for lack of a better term) while driving and also while parked or in a stopped position. While the car shudders its turbo gauge rises and declines with each shudder. Can anybody tell me what's wrong with my car and how to fix her?
Yessi

The rpms drop when the turbo gauge rises like it wants to die out. Also while driving the turbo gauge drops up and down even when going at a steady pace. Got the battery system checked and they said the starter wasn't sending the correct voltage.

Yessi
Have you had the switch itself checked?

No I haven't. Would I get that checked at a dealership? I'm trying to do this without spending too much money is the thing.

Yessi
You can test it yourself with a power probe or multi meter. Disconnect the small starter wire end put your meter on it while someone turns the key. This will tell you if or how many volts the starter is getting

Mikederouin88
I've been trying to find the starter by looking online but I can't seem to locate it. Is there a way you could include a picture?

Yessi