IS THE GARAGE RIGHT?

2004 Renault Clio • 2WD Manual •

The waterpump on my sons Clio failed a few weeks ago which in turn overheated the engine and cause the head gasket to go. The local garage put on a new pump, new filters, new head gasket and had the head rebored. The car was still rattling so when my son when back to them they said it had not been serviced in years and so it still may have some rubbish in the engine. Take it back every month or so, so they can change the filters. I have made him check the water and oil levels regularly since. This morning it seems that the same thing has happened. Overheated, gasket gone, oil running out of the engine casing car stuck in the middle of the road. When I told the garage they said that they had warned him that there could be other trouble. Does this sound feasible or are we being conned.
Barbara Pole

What other problems were they concerned about? It seems odd to have that many repairs done only to let something other cause a new problem.