TURN SIGNAL AND HAZARD LIGHT NOT WORKING

2004 Proton Other • 100,000 miles

Hi,
My turn signal and hazard light for my proton waja are not working.
Genie2012

We have no references to this vehicle-try locating the flasher unit and the fuse-start here-Sorry

Check the hazard light switch. Quite common for them to fail.

Thanks for the fast reply. While driving 15minute ago the turn signal and hazard light is working then. Died again
Where do I locate the flasher unit and the hazard light switch(do you mean button). So sorry for asking silly question.

Genie2012
The button. Check if the connector behind it is loose.

Thanks guys. The flasher relay was the main culprit.I had replaced it(rm25) and is up and running.
Another problem came up. My car wld not start, it crank and died off. I left the ignition switch on, tap the top part of the fuel pump for 2-3 min. The car starts again.
When I refuel, the car would not start.I had to leave the ignition on for about 10 min then the engine will start. What can be the problem. Thanks

Genie2012
The fuel pump is faulty. Quite common for the fuel pump wire to break at the terminals. Tapping of the fuel pump would result in the wires intermittently connecting and allow you to start. You need to either replace the fuel pump assy, it comes as a complete set or you can try replacing the wire or at least the connector. The break would be internal and you might not see it. Tugging at the wire would allow you to feel the break. The wire design is stiff so if you bend it, one part would be rather weak/soft, that is the part that has broken internally, near one of the connectors. The pump itself seldom gives way but if you are consistently driving with fuel level less that 1/4, it can go bad as well.

Thanks for the swift reply, many people said that would be the problem and the pump is expansive too. But what puzzles me is that when I top up fuel it would not start. Had to leave the ignition on and wait for about 10 min then the car would start. Is there any connection with the wiring or a bad relay with topping up fuel. Btw where is the relay located and what symbol are use for fuel pump. Thanks

Genie2012
Sorry I do not have the schematic for this vehicle but if I am not mistaken, the fuel pump relay is underdash, under the radio.

Topping up fuel would result in fuel gushing around the fuel pump and if the wire is bad, this would result in movement and cause an open circuit.

When you could not start, use a test light or DVOM to check for power supply to the fuel pump. If power is available, then you need not bother about the realy. Anyway I don't see how the relay should be affected by refueling.

Get a scan done to check for trouble codes. I am not sure if your model is equipped with EVAP system. If it is, a fault in in can result in difficult or non starting intermittently, especially after refueling.

May I know where the Proton Waja turn signal relay is located? I've heard there's no need to change the relay, but a fix of the relay using sand paper to scrape off the corrosion off the contact point within the relay can fix the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlVSNX_NaOs

Cheahfuhyuen