I HAVE AN ENGINE CODE P0511.

2004 Pontiac Vibe • 226,000 miles

The problem is the car is running fine. I am trying to sell it but nobody wants to buy a car when the check engine light is on.
GOODVIBES

I guess the answer is to get it fixed. The 511 is an idle control issue. You need to have someone check the circuit for you to determine the failure.

My Michigan Certification M188987. I am a licenced Master Mechanic. I was looking for some info on typical problems since the car still runs great, starts great and Idles great. By the way Im gald I did not donate, I guess you think all people are stupid and need you to tell them and I qoute "I guess the answer is to get it fixed". I really hope your work on cars are better than your advice on this site.

GOODVIBES
Sorry you feel that way. If you are a master, then I guess you looked into the issue with the code. Did you find the issue with it? In most cases, it is the iac motor but you still need to follow the chart.

We assume the people here are novices unless we read different. Basics are always a first thing we go after. Sorry if I insulted you but if you are a master. I would have assumed you would have been able to figure it out on your own.

Hope you find the answer.

I was only trying to find out if there were simular problems that have been noted. Yes I knew it had something to do with the IAC system. Was just trying to find out how common it was, or maybe a wiring issue. It save a ton of time net-working with others on driveability issues. I find that on many of the vehicles I work on tend to have the same issues. Example. H.E.I. The car cranks and gets gas but will not start. The coil is good, the cap is getting spark from the coil. No spark getting to the plug. This exact problem I had customers getting charged hundreds of dollars to get fix. This problem gained me more customers than I could ever imagine. The problem a $3.00 part and 5 minutes to replace. If you can tell me what the problem is I might be impressed. If you can tell me what exactly happened to the part then I would be impressed. Thank You and have a great day.

GOODVIBES
This information would have been good in your original post.

Anyway, did you check the resistance of the iac motor? Is it within specs? Is the passages clear of carbon in case of restriction of the pindle?

Not trying to impress you. Dont care to. Just want to see a resolution to the issue.

I did check the resistance yesterday, and yes I found the resistance was infinite no matter which way I checked. Pins 1/2, 1/3, or 2/3. I figured the motor was shot. As far as carbon or dirt inside, that wasn't the case. I haven't been able to locate the spec's as of yet. Im sure you love what you do, and it is appreciated by many people with questions. I do appreciate your time. As far as impressing me you should try to impress everybody you talk to, at least that is my belief. Anyway the answer is the rotor. Thanks for getting back with me.

GOODVIBES
Your welcome. I am not one to impress people. I just try to help the best way I can. Like me, hate me, I will do the same no matter what.