PONTIAC AZTEK SHOCKS PROBLEM

2004 Pontiac Aztek • 96,500 miles

I've been having a problem with the ELC (electronic leveling control) system on my Aztek. I've been back and forth to a shop about 10 times since late August and still have the same issue.
My question is - When I start my vehicle should the ELC compressor come on if their is NO leak in my suspension system (shocks, lines, compressor etc.)?
From what I'm hearing and reading it should only come on occasionally if the care needs to be leveled or if I have a heavy load in the trunk area.
Whenever I start my car the compressor kicks on for about 5-10 seconds. The longer the car sits - the longer the compressor comes on. Sometimes up to 25 seconds or so. It also comes on sometimes while driving.

Does this mean I have a leak somewhere and that the system is constantly pumping it back up?
It's been a frustrating 3 months and I'm not getting anywhere with this issue.
After Replacing a $350 height sensor, a 350$ compressor and brand new shocks a dealership just said that the compressor the shop replaced is leaking!

Any Info about the system/state of the compressor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time

-Chris