NORMAL TEMPERATURE RANGE AND HABITS

2004 Peugeot 206 • 69,000 miles

Hi

I have an 2004 Peugeot 206cc which has just had an overheating problem, a new head gasket, fan, water pump etc etc etc has been fitted. The car now seems ok, but after having problems I am not sure what is normal for the car now and have a small concern.

I drove to work this morning (half hour through town traffic) the car temp didn't go above 90 and all seemed fine. When I got to work I let the car run for about 5 minutes just to see if it was ok and the temp started to go up and up reaching about 105 at which point the fan kicked in for about 30 to 60 seconds and the temp came right back down to 90.

Is it normal for the car temp to go up to 105 in this short time, and is 105 about the right time for the fan to be kicking in?

Thanks in advance

IFPeugeot2004

I have had one of these car do the same thing and found that the temp gauge was out of calibration, a well equipped auto electrical workshop should be able to test this for you, I would start here.

Mhpautos