MY CAR HAS DONE 57K MILES....HEAD G REPLACEMENT AT 55 AND CAM BELT NOT BECASUE THE GASKET WENT BUT DUE TO AGE IF CAR.......THE CAR IS LOSING COOLANT AND THE HEATING DOES NOT WORK. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS COULD BE THE HEAD GASKET HOW CAN THIS BE WHEN IT HA

2004 MG ZR • 57 miles

Cant see how can be head gasket when has only been done end of 2011 car has full serivce history purchased it in novem 2011. Temp gauge running normally
Shandl

Is it leaking water or oil from the gasket?

There was a small drip of pink coolant dripping under where the pump is according to mechanic. But I have looked twice over the last two days and it is now not there. Am I correct in sayng if the garage does a block test this will show if it is def the head gasket without taking the car apart.

Shandl
I do not believe in the block test. I have been burned by it a few times.

I do a actual leak down test to verify the head gasket. It is much more accurate.

So how do you do a leak down test. What is it I need to say they have done a compression test.

Shandl
Runs about 79 dollars. Compression test does not check for cylinder leakage.