TROUBLE CODE P1767... CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS?? IM DRIVING AND THE CAR SEEMS TO ALMOST STALL ALL POWER SEEMS TO DRAIN, DASH LIGHTS COME ON AND OFF AND RADIO TURNS ON AND OFF.. KILLED BATTERY ALSO.. ANY IDEAS??

2004 Isuzu Rodeo • 115,700 miles

Car runs great. I have been having all types of issues since I purchased it a little over a month ago. DTC code P1767 comes up when tested with an OBDII
Jenny_r17

Are you sure of the code number? I dont see this code for any system

Yes 2 codes came up. DTC codes: P1767 and P1626. Any info would be great. I looked up P1767 and I got 2 different possible issues: torque converter clutch solenoid circuit and throttle angle signal stuck on. I dont know what either is.

Jenny_r17
Ok, I see tem in the trans codes. The torque converter may be failing or there is a stuck valve or solenoid. It needs to be checked by a shop to verify the failure.
1626 is a immobiliser failure which may be related to your key. Try using another key to see if the code goes away

Someone told me it could be just a trans filter change. Does that seem correct? Also any ideas on the dash lights and power reduction when it happens?

Thanks again!
Jenny

Jenny_r17