HYUNDAI SANTA FE DEALER PROBLEM

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe • 139 miles

I have a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.7L FWD automatic(with auto stick). About a year ago, my car down shifted suddenly and would not accelerate in automatic. I was able to use the auto-stick to drive it by shifting manually but it acted like it was starting in second gear when I was in first. I arrived to my destination and parked it for several hours. When I left my car started fine and drove fine all the way home, no shifting issues and no check engine light light. Yesterday my car stalled on the way to work, when I restarted the car it had the same wont shift properly issue that popped up a year ago. I made it work shifting manually and my husband picked the car up later in the evening, but could not duplicate any issue. The stalling could be a completely different issue as that didn't happen before and it was very wet, but the shifting issue is the same as a year ago (happened twice now and drove fine for a year in between). My husband thinks it's something electronic and not a mechanical issue. We replaced the timing belt and did a tune up this last year as well tranny lines, power steering system and many other parts at that time. Since the issue comes and goes it makes it near impossible to know if you "fixed" it. Would it be worth taking it to the dealer and having them do a complete computer scan (versus the OBD II scanner we have)?

Having trans scanned may locate fault not a capability of scanner need to take to dealer

Docfixit