HONDA CRV ENGINE PROBLEM

2004 Honda CRV • 17,500 miles

Engine light came on then after driving a while went off. Had driven approximately 75 miles on the interstate at 70 to 80 MPH. Engine light came on and immediately lost power. Started to pull over to shoulder and power was restored. Accelerated again and car started jerking. Pulled over for approximately 10 minutes and drove another 30 miles without any problems to a dealership. Dealership checked the codes and advised oil pressure sensor and rocker arm something. They reset light and we drove another 150 miles until engine light came on again while driving over a steep mountain. Light eventually went off 2 days later and we drove home 300 miles without any other problems. Any ideas what to do?
Bob McNeill

So no repairs were made just the codes were cleared?You never told me the exact code numbers not code descriptions?Without knowing those I dont know whats going on with the codes that are being set?

Ok, thanks, no repairs were made, It was almost closing time and tech advised it would be ok to drive. If light came on again to stop and let it cool off and this should probably help.

Bob McNeill
If you dont live in California take it to a auto parts store and have them read codes even if the check engine light isnt on they can still pull codes. Write down the exact code numbers and let me know what they are so I can tell you more.

Ok, thanks

Bob McNeill
Symptom indicates the most likely cause would be with the VTEC solenoid valves. Have it cleaned if engine is sludged and change the engine oil if it is due.

If we were guessing that would be a good guess thats what i. Was thinking the vtec ports are small and plug from sludge. But better to get the codes guessing gets expensive.

Ok, I got the code numbers, they are P2646, rocker arm actuator and P0134 oxygen sensor
thanks

Bob McNeill
VTEC/ VTC / DTC P2646: VTEC Oil Pressure Switch Circuit Low Voltage

Remove VTEC solenoid housing and check screen/filter in oil passage.
If screen is clogged, clean, reinstall and replace engine oil.

P0134 : A/F sensor 1 signal stuck lean.
This could be triggerred by the P2646 so don't worry about it first. Get the P2646 resolved first.

Bob McNeill
Let us know what you find.