HONDA CIVIC ALTERNATOR PROBLEM

2004 Honda Civic

Ok, I'd really appreciate some answers. I took my '04 Honda EX CIVIC to the dealership for a diagnostic. The tech says the screws came loose in the alternator, and that the alternator fried the ECU. Now I replaced the alternator. The engine starts, the battery light stays on, the engine light flickers on/ off, the speedometer drops to 0, and the car won't accelerate at all. Its my understanding the car wouldn't even start if the ECU were fried. The ECU is on order although I am skeptical it is in fact the ECU. What is the actual problem, or is it the ECU?
Joshjaajaa

Fried is a bad term. It has failed is more like it and yes, it can run if that is the case.

Get a second opinion if you dont believe them

what screws?

Oh, I ment bolts, not screws, long day. Yeah a second opinion would be nice, but I'm low on cash, and I'm a sitting duck until the ECU gets here, and I'm depending on it to fix the problem.

Joshjaajaa
Btw, where is the ECU located in an 04 Honda Civic EX? I checked under the glove compartment, and I can't find it.

Joshjaajaa