HONDA CIVIC ENGINE PROBLEM

2004 Honda Civic • 237,000 miles

Hi there,

I went to look at this car today and It's a Honda Civic 2004 with 237k miles on it but the seller informed us about the new engine that he installed with 97K Miles on it. It's a 95 Honda Civic engine and was told he changed it because of the high mileage in in the 04 engine. So, my question to you professionals is if it is safe to buy the car or not. The asking price is $4500. Do you think it's worth the price?

Thanks in advance.
Ndon

I am not sure about pricing but if the vehicle condition of vehicle is good, I would not hesistate to take it up.

I've read this somewhere that you cannot install an older engine on a newer vehicle, unless that older engine had the EXACT SAME emissions equipment down to EXACT same part numbers as the new vehicle (as in, they re-used the same old style emissions equipment on the brand new vehicle from the factory). So, would you know by chance if the 04 Civic and the 95 civic have the exact same emission equipment? This being my first car I'm so lost and not so knowledgeable as far as cars and engine is at concern.

Thanks again!

Ndon
I have replied to your other post.