FORD TAURUS BATTERY PROBLEM

2004 Ford Taurus • 86,000 miles

I parked my car, turned off the ignition switch and it started vibrating as if wasn't off. I put the key back in, started it, turned it off and it seemed fine. Got some coffee from a gas station, tried to unlock my car and it wouldn't unlock until I got right on top of it. As soon as it was unlocked my panic went off. I started the car, the alarm stopped and I drove away. Later that day, I went to start my car and it was completed dead. Something drained the battery and when we took it in, they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Also, I have a red light on my dash (not on my instrumentation panel) that stays lit after I turn off the car. Any ideas?

What does the red light say? Or is it just a small round red light?

The vibrating sounds like the car is "dieseling." Meaning continuing to "run" because the cylinder is so hot that the fuel inside bursts into flame even without the spark plug having to ignite it. Anyway, did the car overheat? Is the idle speed too high?

Freemba