START AND RUN ISSUES

2004 Ford Ranger • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 65,000 miles

I have a 2004 Ford Ranger 4x4 with4.0 v-6. It will die then not start then it will start and run sometimes a week or a few hours. Was told it was fuel pump put in a new one ran for 24 hrs then it's doing same thing. Put in a new relay same results. Pleases can you give me any ideas. It's driving me nuts. Scared to take it anywhere cause it may die. Pleases any ideas?
Trkshifter

Is there a check engine light on when you get it started?

Have it scanned for codes then we can diagnose it further.

No. No light or anything it just dies

Trkshifter
I am thinking that the crank position/hall effect sensor is faulty, but you will need to check fuel pressure and spark, so we can know what direction to turn. Check to see if you hear the hummm of your fuel pump buzzing when you turn your key to (just)the on position, that will rule out the fuel pump. But I think that your crank sensor is faulty, but I cant know for sure unless we check for fuel and spark when we get this no start situation