CAR OVERHEATING WHILE IDLING

2004 Ford Focus • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 135,000 miles

Since last summer, my car has been overheating while I'm idling or driving slowly. The a/c also gets warm while I'm idling. My car did not overheat at all over the winter and doesn't overheat unless it's at least close to 80 degrees outside. I drive 9 miles to pick up my son from school and it will start getting hot while I'm sitting there in line less than 10 minutes. My husband replaced the thermostat last year and that didn't help. He put in a new a/c compressor and all the stuff that goes with that (I may get some of these words incorrect!) And one shop 3 weeks ago said my radiator was dirty so they cleaned it, but that didn't help. Freon was adjusted last year and that didn't help the a/c to stay cold. Once my car starts to overheat, the gauge quickly starts tipping toward the red. It will get better only when I go a high speed. I hope y'all can help!
MelindaB

Have coolant system pressure checked for a head/intake gasket maybe blown. Also when overheating check radiator in several spots if you feel a cold spot it's no good