NEED YOUR HELP

2004 Ford F-150 • V8 4WD Automatic • 120,000 miles

I installed a timing kit on a 2004 ford f150 5.4 only 120000 miles on truck, nice truck vary clean, the only reason I did up the timing was cause every time I started it, it would nock for 2 or 3 seconds and go away untill the truck cooled off then it would do it again , I only want to get ride of the sputter when I get on the gas. Anyways after taking off the timing cover I went to pull the number one spark plug to make sure I was tdc and didnt know about the set up for the plug, hard to turn, and I went for it , only the first of the three came out but I never removed it, I drove the nut down witch acted like a sleeve, their was a lil radiator fluid in the hole and then it was gone " so after I drove the sleeve back in, and put the rest of the motor back together I think im done, the truck started right up a couple ticks untill the oil perged through the tension arms that push the guide arms tight agenst the chain, alls running fine till it was wormed up, I would hit the gas a lil and the rpms would come back down but to low and gradually back up to normal, no noise at all, I went for a drive and when I tryed to get on it, it would plutter like a miss fire, if I would floor it nothing would happen, but if I slowly went for it, it would go what could I do, this is taking to long and I need my truck back for work asap its all I got and im mechanically inclined but I dont now everything, if the spark plug wasnt driven down far enough and was up a **** hair could that be the problem, did I mess up the plug I didnt try and take it out when I saw the way it looked.
Joseph6985

I help people all the time for nothing and I just need a lil help im in a bind Site Links

* Questions by Topic
* Questions by Manufacturer
* Ask a Question
* Troubleshooting Problems
* How to Repair or Service
* How Does it Work
* Noises and Vibrations
* Brake Replacement Guides
* Using Diagnostic Tools
* Repair Videos
* Repair Manuals
* Maintenance
* Safety Tips
* Warning Lights and Gauges
* Hybrid Cars
* Abbreviations
* Serpentine/Timing Belts
* Trouble Codes

Question

Asked on June 22, 2011

2004 Ford F-150 lareat f150 4x4 sohc with 120,000 miles
v8 5.4 Automatic 4 Wheel Drive
2004 Ford F-150 need your help

i installed a timing kit on a 2004 ford f150 5.4 only 120000 miles on truck, nice truck vary clean, the only reason I did up the timing was cause every time I started it, it would nock for 2 or 3 seconds and go away untill the truck cooled off then it would do it again, I only want to get ride of the sputter when I get on the gas. Anyways after taking off the timing cover I went to pull the number one spark plug to make sure I was tdc and didnt know about the set up for the plug, hard to turn, and I went for it, only the first of the three came out but I never removed it, I drove the nut down witch acted like a sleeve, their was a lil radiator fluid in the hole and then it was gone " so after I drove the sleeve back in, and put the rest of the motor back together I think im done, the truck started right up a couple ticks untill the oil perged through the tension arms that push the guide arms tight agenst the chain, alls running fine till it was wormed up, I would hit the gas a lil and the rpms would come back down but to low and gradually back up to normal, no noise at all, I went for a drive and when I tryed to get on it, it would plutter like a miss fire, if I would floor it nothing would happen, but if I slowly went for it, it would go what could I do, this is taking to long and I need my truck back for work asap its all I got and im mechanically inclined but I dont now everything, if the spark plug wasnt driven down far enough and was up a **** hair could that be the problem, did I mess up the plug I didnt try and take it out when I saw the way it looked,

Avatar Asked by joseph6985

Joseph6985