TROUBLE STARTING VEHICLE

2004 Ford Explorer • 60,112 miles

Hello again. My 2004 ford explorer having problems starting. Today was first time it did it. Sounded like it wanted to start but then shut off. On the third try it started. It jerked a lil bit before it got going for good. Replaced fuel filter back in may of this year and spark plugs on Labor Day of this year. Has a lil bit of 68,540 miles on it. What can it be gentlemen. I rely too much on my vehicle so any answers you have are greatly appreciated. Thanks and god bless y'all: )
Hinojosa elisa

Start by checking fuel pump pressure when the engine is cold, Something tells me the pressure is dropping off and taking some time to rebuild.

If you need directions, visit our homepage under the DIY section for a video and directions.

So does that mean that the fuel pump needs replacing and can I drive it under those conditions?

Hinojosa elisa
The fuel pump is just a theory at this point. It needs checked to see if it is doing its job.

Hinojosa elisa
Can I drive my vehicle under those conditions?

Hinojosa elisa
You can, but if it is the pump and it finally goes bad, the engine will stall and not restart.