IS CORRECT THAT AN HAND HELD DIAGNOSTIC TESTER CAN ONLY PRODUCE CERTAIN CODES THAN A TESTER U WOULD FIND IN A GARAGE, DUE TO I HAD MY CAR TESTED ON A HAND HELD TESTER AND IT PRODUCED 2 CODES FOR CAMSHAFT AND CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR BUT WHEN I TOOK IT

2004 Ford C-Max • 66,000 miles

I bought this car in september 2011 and have had lots of trouble with the turbo I have had 2 mechanical engineers out with hand held testers the first guy only got the 2 codes up for camshaft and crankshaft position sensors but did, nt take it for a test drive as the car would, nt start for 20 mins so I took it to my garage that I have been going to for a number of years and they tested it and all of the codes come up for camshaft, crankshaft, position sensor and turbo/super charger boost sensor A circuit high and high speed CAN communication bus -intermittent which I was sort of pleased because it was telling me that there WAS something wrong with the turbo now a couple of week later a 2nd mechanical engineer as come out and got all of the codes that my garage recieved on ther tester but this engineer took the car for a road test so I was wondering why he got all the codes that the 1st engineer did NOT recieve
Nelbers

Your 1st engineer must be just a parts changer, your garage and the 2nd engineer must competent Techs-So what are they doing about those codes? A problem with those sensors will prevent the engine from starting

Sorry I did, nt get all of your answer in reply to my question part of words missing as for the engineers they were both from the same company

Nelbers