DODGE STRATUS CENTER CONSOLE PROBLEM

2004 Dodge Stratus • 137,000 miles

Hi ! This seems like an awesome site, and I look forward to being a member. I have a big problem on my hands, I can not for the life of me figure out how to remove the cigarette lighter. I was messing around with it after it quit working back during the summer and unscrewed it so now it's fallen behind it's housing, but it didn't work anyways so I was going to replace it.

My problem is that I have pulled apart the dash board as much as I can, but I can't figure out how to get the last screws or whatever is holding it in place. Do I need to remove the glove box? I have the screws around the tape player out, but it seems towards the bottom there's just something holding it in. If I can get to the lighter itself I can wire a new one on, but I just need a tutorial or a diagram or something of how to actually get to the socket itself.

I would greatly appreciate any help, as I'm going out of town a few times in the next couple months and really want to be able to charge my phone while on the road.

Oh, and my car is a 2004 Stratus 4 Dr Coupe

THANKS in advance!
Mac4gk

Do you have a center console? Isnt there a power outlet in the center console? All I can tell you is what my database shows. It doesnt include taking the dash apart. The only special tool I saw was snap-ring pliars.

Someone unscrewed the cigarette lighter out and it fell behind the dash

Mac4gk
I can't help you with taking dash apart, Id have to look at it. They sell auxiliary power sockets at the autostores, all you have to do is wire it up and mount it.