ELECTRICAL ISSUES

2004 Dodge Ram • 166,000 miles

My 2004 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 is having an electrical issue. When shut off and key in ignition or not and doors opened or closed the power locks lock the truck and continue to cycle the locks until it kills the battery. Also about every other time I start it the gas gauge doesn't work and the ac compressor won't kick on nor will the windows or radio work. What should I do. I am going to dealer Monday because I don't have a key fob and never have since I bought truck. Someone told me alarm is messing up but truck doesn't have an alarm only keyless entry.
Davemdave

THIS CAN'T HURT, BUT IT'S WORTH A TRY!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/feeling-of-possessed-car

IF THIS HELPS (MY LAST LINK IN THE ABOVE LINK) "A124" IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL!

LEMME KNOW IF THIS HELPED

I already have a manual if that is what you were getting at in that post. I have taken it to the parts store already and had the battery and alternator tested and both are fine. The battery was low so I replaced it, new terminals installed. I have changed the main fusee panel under the hood because of all the built in relays as well as changing the body control module. My key is not chipped per the dealer so the fact that the ignition key is different from the doors shouldn't matter. I'm lost. My mechanic is lost, that's why it's off to the stealer ship tomorrow.

Davemdave
ACTUALLY IT WAS A SUGGESTION TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY TO "MAYBE" RESET THE COMPUTER

CHECKING YOUR CONNECTIONS IN DEPTH.

AND A WAY TO SAVE SOME BIG BUCKS SHOULD YOU NEED SOME PARTS. NOW OR IN THE FUTURE!

SORRY THINGS AIN'T-A-GOIN' YOUR WAY!

KEEP US POSTED ON PROGRESS

I have tried to reset the computer. I almost wondering if my computer is going bad because of the other electrical issues the truck is displaying. When they program a remote for me tomorrow they should have to check the ecu communication to the alarm. And if that doesn't fix it then I will just leave it with them. Thanks for your replys.

Davemdave
I HAVEN'T HELPED MUCH AT ALL

BUT IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO GRAB YOU SOME "MITCHELL I" WIRING DIAGRAMS OR EVEN COMPONENT LOCATIONS. THANKS TO 2CARPROS AND MITCHELL I.I HAVE ACCESS

IT SORTA VARIES ON WHAT IS AVAILABLE FOR A GIVEN VEHICLE

LEMME KNOW WHAT SYSTEMS. IT WOULD BE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO GET EVERYTHING!

INCLUDE ENGINE SIZE AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT MIGHT BE SPECIAL ABOUT YOUR TRUCK. LIKE DAYLIGHT RUNNING LIGHTS. ETC