LEAKING PINK FLUID FROM THE FRONT MIDDLE OF THE CAR

2004 Dodge Intrepid • 76,000 miles

My car started leaking bright pink fluid on Saturday. It is thicker than water and has an oily texture. It happens when the engine is off. I took the car in and they could find no leaks. It happened again today. Could this be the transmission fluid? Where could it be leaking from? If it is clean with no burning smell does it mean that my transmission is OK? Is it safe to drive the car less than 20 miles tomorrow before I am able to take it in to get checked again? Where should I ask them to look for a leak?
33isgreat

Most likely it's transmission fluid. If it's a small spot of fluid on the ground, a typical cause would be a leaking axle seal in the transmission. That is relatively minor. Leaking transmission pan gaskets are common too and also not serious. Either of those should be obvious during an inspection.