REAR BRAKE ROTOR REPLACEMENT
2004 Chrysler Sebring • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 94,000 miles
When replacing rear brake rotor on 2004 chrysler sebring limited convertible, is it clockwise or counterclockwise turn for piston on rear caliper?
February 23, 2011.
February 23, 2011.
INSTALLATION - REAR DISC BRAKE SHOES
1. Completely retract the caliper piston back into the piston bore of the caliper. This is required for caliper installation when new brake pad assemblies are installed on caliper.
2. Lubricate both adapter abutments with a liberal amount of Mopers Multipurpose Lubricant, or equivalent.
3. Install rear rotor on hub making sure it is squarely seated on face of hub (Fig. 13).
4. Remove protective paper from noise suppression gasket on both inner and outer brake pad assemblies (if equipped).
5. Install new inboard brake pad into caliper piston by firmly pressing it into bore of piston using thumbs (Fig. 14). Be sure inboard brake shoe is positioned squarely against face of piston.
6. Slide new outboard brake pad onto the caliper (Fig. 14). Be sure retaining clip is squarely seated in the depressed areas on the caliper.
CAUTION: Use care when installing caliper assembly onto adapter, so the guide pin bushings and sleeves do not get damaged by the mounting bosses on adapter.
7. Carefully lower caliper and brake shoes over rotor reversing the required removal procedure (Fig. 11). Make sure that caliper guide pin bolts, bushings and sleeves are clear of the adapter bosses.
CAUTION: Extreme caution should be taken not to cross thread the caliper guide pin bolts when they are installed.
8. Install caliper guide pin bolts into adapter. (Fig. 10). Tighten the guide pin bolts to a torque of 22 Nm (192 inch lbs.).
9. Install the wheels and tires.
10. Tighten the wheel mounting stud nuts in proper sequence until all nuts are torqued to half specification. Then repeat the tightening sequence to the full specified torque of 135 Nm (100 ft. lbs.).
11. Lower vehicle.
12. Check brake fluid level.
NOTE: Before vehicle is moved after any brake service work, pump the brake pedal several times to insure the vehicle has a firm brake pedal.
13. Road test the vehicle and make several stops to wear off any foreign material on the brakes and to seat the brake pads.
Feb 23, 2011.
Feb 23, 2011.
My 1001 toyota pickup piston & rings. What is the least dia. i can use and the biggest i can use. What is the standard size for the truck. Is it .020" or the .030".
2 answers • 1991 Toyota Pickup
Brakes problem 1994 Acura Integra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 107,00 miles In the rear calipers there is a piston with a rubber outer seal which locks into the caliper ...
1 answer • 1994 Acura Integra
Brakes problem 2001 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles I've been used to using a C-clamp to force 2caliper pistons back in the caliper when the new parts are...
1 answer • 2001 Ford Taurus
While changing the rear brake pads on my 2001 Chevy Tahoe(96320 miles) the drivers side went well, but on the passengers side I didn't compress the pistons together. As I compressed the...
1 answer • Chevrolet Tahoe