NOISE ON FRONT END.

2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 110,765 miles

I have a 2004 pt cruiser turbo and it has several things wrong with it, I have worked on cars in the past but I'm no pro just little jobs on my own car, well I have some questions on this cruiser. While driving it makes a LOUD knocking noise coming from the wheels which when it first started seemed like a wheel bearing on the passenger side because when it started it was just a roaring noise, well now its knocking bad and grinding like horrible, and it sounds like its coming from both sides. Could it be both wheel bearings or tie rods or cv joint or what I have no idea and I am low on money so I can't afford to pay someone to fix it.
Jwil925

Noise is something that is almost impossible to detect without the physical vehicle.

Since you suspect the wheel bearing, lift up front of vehicle and manually turn the wheels. Check the axial play of the wheels etc. Any abnormalities would tell you something is wrong there.

http://www.2carpros.com/section/troubleshooting-problems

Try the above link for some idea how to go about.