CHRYSLER PACIFICA ENGINE PROBLEM

2004 Chrysler Pacifica • 110,000 miles

I have a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica that has been overheating recently. Just today the light came on and it began to smoke. We had replaced coolant and had leakage from a hose. Once filled it ran for a while then I started hearing a sporadic clunking noise from the belt side (Passenger) of the engine. The top radiator hose gets hot. I have not checked the lower hose as of yet. Was told there could be air in the cooling system. I can use your expertise.
Bfbecker

If you just had the system refilled, it could be air in the system. However, usually it works itself out of the system. Did you check the thermostat? Did you check to make sure the radiator isn't partially plugged.

Good Morning. I checked for water flow with the cap off once it reached operating temperature. Oil light now on and clanking sound still present on pulley side of engine. Could it be an oil pump or sender unit as oil is full yet light is on?

Bfbecker
If the oil light is on and you hear a knocking sound from the engine, you may have internal engine damage. As far as the a sending unit, since it is making noise, I would say it is working.