HAVE CODE P2096 AFTER CHANGING SPARKPLUGS

2004 Chrysler Pacifica • 10,600 miles

I removed the plenum in steps so as not to warp it. Removed gasket and replaced with new one. Removed coils and blew tubes out with compressed air. Sprayed a little Deep Creap penetrant in by plugs and let sit 1/2 hour removed plugs by 1/2 turn out !/2 turn in to break away any carbon deposits. Put anti seize on all plug threads and installed the gaped plugs and torqued to specs. Cleaned intake surface with rag and solvent. Sprayed intake surface with WD40 so plenum would slide easily. Put medium thread lock on bolts and torqued down in three steps working from the middle out to 105 inch pounds. After a week driving The code showed up. The freeze frame is Calculated load value 44.31%, engine temp 203.00F, short term fuel trim bank 1 -6.25%, long term fuel trim -7.81%, Intake Manifold absolute pressure 18.60inHg, engine RPM 1903rpm, Vehicle Speed Sensor 53.44mph, Ignition timing #1 cylinder 48.5 degrees, Intake air temperature 66.20 degrees and absolute throttle position 21.57% I have retightened the plenum and got half to three quarter turn on some bolts to get to 105 inch pounds I would love to donate but I am out of work right now
Car4424

Two possible causes EGR valve or tube maybe leaking and the solvent and WD40 on intake may have contaminated O2 sensor

Docfixit
I saw the WD40 used on Hot Rod or Muscle Car tv when they put an intake on a Corvette. I would figure if the EGR wasn't touched and there are no other codes. I was waiting to see how long it takes to turn on the light again after I re torqued. I reset the light. The engine runs super smooth at idle and on the hi way. Two months ago I replaced both oxygen sensors with Denso brand

Car4424
Maybe a fluke exhaust leaks, leak at O2 and contamination most common causes

Docfixit
Thanks if the light comes on again I will check the fuel trim and if it is better I will replace the gasket. If there is no change I'll replace the upstream o2 sensor

Car4424
Sounds like a plan hope no light and all is good

Docfixit
Drove it for a few days after re torquing the plenum and no light. I then replaced the upstream O2 sensor under warranty. I have driven it for over 300 miles and no light and no pending codes. Thanks for the help

Car4424
Good news

Docfixit
Upstream O2 sensor had to be replaced again 6/1/13 still working fine now 1/4/14

Car4424