MY CENTRAL LOCKING HAS COMPLETELY FAILED. TRUNK AND FUEL COVER WILL NOT OPEN. CAN YOU HELP PLEASE?

2004 Chrysler Crossfire • V12 2WD Automatic • 67,200 miles

I AWOKE TO THE LOUD NOISE OF MY CAR ALARM SOUNDING FOR NO APPARENT REASON. THE CAR KEY FOBS MANAGED TO DEACTIVATE THE ALARM INITIALLY, BUT THEN IT JUST KEPT GOING OFF. EVENTUALLY I HAD TO DRIVE THE CAR TO A NEARBY FILLING STATION AS THE NOISE WAS WAKING EVERYONE UP AROUND ME. THEN THE LOCKING WITH THE KEY FOBS BEGAN TO DECLINE AND THEY STOPPED WORKING. I AM NOW ONLY ABLE TO ACCESS THE CAR VIA THE KEY OPERATION ON THE DRIVERS LOCK. THE KEY FOB JUST FLASHES 3 TIMES AND DOES NOTHING.
FROM SOME INITIAL RESEARCH INTO MY CAR PROBLEM I HAVE A FEELING THAT THE CENTRAL LOCKING PUMP/SECURITY SYSTEM MODULE IN MY 2004 CROSSFIRE COUPE NEEDS REPLACING. CAN I SWAP THIS OUT WITH A NEW MODULE AND HOW MUCH WOULD THE WORK COST? THE CENTRAL LOCKING IS NOT WORKING AT ALL AT PRESENT AND PREVIOUSLY THE CAR ALARM WAS SOUNDING FOR NO REASON.

OR COULD THERE BE SOMETHING ELSE WRONG, I AM REALLY WORRIED THIS COULD BE VERY EXPENSIVE.

ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED. THANK YOU
Jonny mcnorriss

It could be many things. What I recommend is to have the computer scanned by a dealer. They have to right test equipment. From that, they should find a trouble code which will identify where the problem is coming from.

As far as the part, expect to pay around 200.00.