CHEVROLET VENTURE RADIO PROBLEM

2004 Chevrolet Venture • 130,000 miles

My 2004 Chevrolet Venture radio has been draining my battery. The mechanics discovered that the radio was drawing nearly 3 amps after the car is locked and off. They pulled the fuse and of course this solved the problem. Since the battery was over 5 years old I decided to replace the battery with an Interstate battery. Problem is with the radio fuse pulled the remote locks and power door will not function. I purchased a new s0ony radio from a locksmith company which installed it. This solved the problem for about a week. Then the battery was dead on Saturday I jumped the car and took it to another mechanic who kept it over the weekend. He found that the new radio was going on and off when the car was off and nothing running. The car again was drawing nearly 3 amps. He discovered that by disconnecting the radio completely that the amps went to zero where they belong. I believe that the problem lies with the security system or the wiring harness. Can you possible give me some help as to what to have him test?
Michaelmcginty

Is the radio wired straight to power or does it get power from the account or run position with the keys in those two positions?Can they guy working on your car tell me which color wire to the radio is getting interment power turning the radio on and off?

THIS COULD BE SOMETHING VERY SIMILAR TO YOUR ISSUE!!!

I JUST READ THAT "OTHER CRAP" IS ON THE SAME FUSE AS YOUR RADIO

WHEN DOING THE PARASITIC DRAIN TEST ON RICK'S TRUCK

I NOTICED THE VOLTMETER WOULD FLASH ONE READING THEN ANOTHER---OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND.......

.........................CIRCUIT BREAKER BY GOSH!!!

READ "MY CRAP" IN THIS LINK.......YOU MAY HAVE A SIMILAR ISSUE GOING ON

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1989-ford-tempo-98-tempo-bran-new-battery-shut-car-off-didn-t-days-now

PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE GONNA BY US LUNCH NOW!.........WE'LL TAKE SOMETHING RELIABLE....LIKE ONE OF MINE!

YOUR TURN