FRONT VENTS NOT WORKING

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer • 71,000 miles

Recently my front vents stopped working on my 2004 Chevy Trailblazer. I've tried to recalibrate by taking out the fuse, waiting a couple minutes, putting the fuse back in, turning the car to run, letting it go through its motions, but that didn't work. The air blows cold, but it is only coming out at the feet, side vents and defrost. Do you know what could be the cause?
Dboogie

I would first change the cabin air filter. This is a common cause of this problem.
If that doesn't fix it then you are looking at a problem with the blend doors or actuators under the dash. You can put your head under there when you try to change it to see if you hear them moving or not.

Promechanic
Ok, thanks for your help! I will try that!

Dboogie
We have a 2005 trailblazer that has been having the same problem. We took it back 2 different times within the first year for the same thing. Amazingly when we took it this time they was able to tell me what the problem was. When they took it to the shop to check it the A/C was working correctly. When they called us to tell us what was wrong with it, they said that when it has a problem like that it saves the code. He said that the actuator needed to be replaced $250. When we got back to pick it up I asked why they couldn't get the code like that when we brought it in for that 6 yrs ago. He couldn't give me an answer.

Paulcobble