04 WATER SLOSHING

2004 Chevrolet Impala • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 135,000 miles

I have a water sloshing sound. Assume low coolant levels. Should I fill radiator and overflow with coolant and then bleed air? How to purge air from coolant system on a 2004 Chevy Impala SS?

I have never had the coolant system flushed. Should I?
Buckroe1

As to flush YES should be on fourth flush. As for slosh AC being used? Sound coming from dash? Any wetness on pass. Side?

Docfixit
No wetness inside the car at all. Air Conditioning is being used lately, as it has been hot. I can sit in the car and rev the engine and I can hear the slosh sound. Would the car tend to run warmer if the coolant is low?

Buckroe1
Should run warmer. Is coolant recovery low? If so add bleeder on thermostat housing open run warm. Afetr AC use can you see water driping from under car?

Docfixit
Coolant overflow was low, so added Dex Cool. Can see some condensate, but if the drain was plugged where is it located so I can try to unblock? Also checked cabin filter area and didn't notice any water in that there.

Buckroe1
Drain not easy to get to best if on lift but jack up cenetr of bulkhead below rack and close to heat shield

Docfixit
Thanks for the heads up. I think I will take the car in for a good coolant flush and fill and go from there.

Buckroe1
Good idea Dexcool fairly nasty stufff when it gets old

Docfixit