CHEVROLET COLORADO BATTERY PROBLEM

2004 Chevrolet Colorado • 100,000 miles

My car won't unlock. The clicker died on me so of course my next choice was to use the key to open it manually. That is not working. I've used the graphite powder stuff to clean it out a bit, but still I am unable to get into my car. I also replaced the battery in the clicker, but it still doesn't work. I'm very befuddled by this perdicament. I mean even if the car battery (which is only a year old) was run down I should still be able to open the truck manually with the key, but I cannot. Are there any solutions as to why this is?

Also there hasn't been any damage to the door to my knowledge so I don't think that the door or lock have been replaced, and that is why the key doesn't work.