MY WINDSHIELD WIPERS DON'T WORK ANYMORE. DO YOU KNOW HOW BIG OF A JOB THIS WILL BE TO GET IT FIXED?

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier • 98,000 miles

I went through a do-it-yourself car wash and the water pressure flung my windshield wipers up from their stationary/off position. Ever since then, they do not work.
Mhalstengard

There are a few possibilities for failure; The wiper motor is bad.

The wiper switch has failed.

To replace the wiper motor is not to bad. It all depends on the windshield cowl and how hard it is to remove and replace.

First, test the wiper motor. I am giving you all the shcematics, connector Identification and diagrams you will need to do this.
Use the wiring schematic and connector identification to find the +12V and GROUND terminals on the wiper motor. Hook up some test leads from your battery and see if wiper motor works.
Also, follow symptom diagnostic sheet to make sure everything else is okay so you can rule out the motor and go on to replacing the switch.

Let me know if you need any more help with this.