CV JOINT REPAIR ON 325XI

2004 BMW 325i • 6 cylinder AWD Automatic • 89,000 miles

I need detailed instruction on how to repair the outer (passenger side) front CV joint boot on my 2004 BMW 325xi?
Pgc1943

Best to buy ther whole joint and forget the boot, there is lots of dirt in it and if it is clicking replace it. You'll need a socket large enough to remove the axle nut, and a tool to break the ball joint free. Then just pull the strut rotor and all outward until the cv-joint clears the knuckle, I would change the whole shaft, Reanufactured axles are pretty cheap, and it's quicker and easier than messing with seperating the old joint! Use a bucket under the inner joint to catch any tranny fluid that might leak out! If you have trouble with the inboard joint, use to large flat blade screwdrivers, or prybars and pop it out of the differential.

Merlin2021
This is the general proceedure yours has 9-10 bolts on the inner joint remove thos to take the whole shaft off instead of the prybars.

Merlin2021