VOLKSWAGEN EUROVAN GAS PROBLEM

2003 Volkswagen Eurovan • 113,000 miles

I have trouble filling a full tank of gas. First let me say that the gas lever at the station stops frequently. I know that it's not filled so I hold the handle steadily to keep the flow going, but not without it stopping at least 6-8 times. Sometimes I fill it up at $75, sometimes at $95. You'd think that if it's full at $75 (because it did overflow at at point at one time), then there would be no more room for the extra $20 worth of gas. Does anyone know why this happens and if it should be a concern? Yesterday I filled up the tank and it did the same thing, but this time I thought I'd try to see what would happen at $65. When I started the car, the gas gauge needle went all the way to full. And the average mileage per tank is 215.
Cathy-anneyoungmckimmy

Fuel tank venting system is probably faulty get your mechanic to check this first.

Mhpautos