TOYOTA PRADO SENSOR PROBLEM

2003 Toyota Prado • 175,000 miles

Where is the sensor, seat position airbag sitting, and how I can do change?
Manuelrnc

If you don't know the location of the component, how do you know it is faulty and requires replacement?

Good day, the thing is the indicator light of srs system went on when driven, I took my car to my dealer (Toyota) and they told me the problem is the mentioned sensor. My problem is that my nearest dealer is 850 km away were I live and on the day I took my car there was not spare sensor to replace. I could't wait the four days they told me I must wait to get the sensor. I order myself afterwards but due to my work I can't go to my dealer to replace it. That way I wanteed to know where is located and if there is any possibility I can replace myself or the srs system mut be resset?

Manuelrnc
The sensor is under the seat and you need to remove the seat to replace it.

The SRS system has to be disabled and there are many precautions which should be followed accordingly and I would not encourage DIY for such jobs.

After replacement you would need a scan tool to reset the system.