MY HAS NO POWER UP HILLS OR GETTING UP TO SPEED

2003 Toyota Matrix • 154,000 miles

Hello, I have a 2003 Toyota Matrix AWD Automatic. It started being a little sluggish on hills about 2 weeks ago. It seemed ok until yesterday when I was returning home on a 3 hr trip. Everytime going up a hill it was taking longer to shift and the engine was working hard, but the car could not keep up the speed. I could not drive on the highway. So I stopped on the way home and got the catalytic converter replaced and it didnt make a difference, so when I got home I had the fuel pump and filter replaced. Also replaced the spark plugs. Nothing had seemed to help. Any ideas?
Mfengari

Is the engine light on? Either way check with your local parts store and see if any will do a free scan. If there is any codes then write them down have them cleared and get me the codes.

Racefan966
Thank you. The engine light is not on, never has during this problem. Right now the car is at a garage where they will scan for codes. I will let you know.

Mfengari
Sounds great also have them check exhaust flow for a plugged cat converter.

Racefan966