WOULD A SECOND HAND COMPUTER WORK ON 06/ WITH AUTO TRANSMISSION?

2003 Toyota Avensis • 138,000 miles

Hi,
I am from Sydney - Australia, got a Toyota Avensis Verso 06/2003 ACM20R. It had problem with the Transmission and got it repaired costing $2,000. Unfortunately, the problem is still there. I was told the engine computer needs to be replaced. If I can find a second hand computer, would it work normally on this car? If not, where can I get the original computer at econmically price?
Many thanks,
Saeed

Why does it need a PCM/computer?

Thanks for a prompt reply.
The transmission was still slipping after the repairs due to computer malfunctioning as per Mechanic's diagonises. He recommended that computer needs to be replaced.
Another thought, if the computer is malfunctioning would it be possible to erase/delete all the codes and reload the codes again on the same computer?

Thanking you in anticipation.
Regards,
Saeed

Could be caused by he TPS and VSS what was the code/s?

Dont know the codes. However mechanic explained the computer was opening two solenoids at the same time and the car was jumping like horse. He recommends a new computer and problem would be fixed.