NO AUDIO

2003 Subaru Legacy • 4 cylinder AWD Manual • 52,000 miles

The sound in our 2003 subaru legacy went away a speaker at a time. At first the front left speaker stopped, then all but the right rear. Sometimes they would all work again on rare occasions. First thing I did was pull the dash and doors apart and check plugs and look for shorts. Then replaced radio. Still nothing. Checked all fuses both under hood and on drivers side. Still nothing. Ideas? I read that there is an amp somewhere in the car but don't know where. Please help.
Jathejackson

Sounds like the amplifier located behind center of dash

I may have missed it but I did not find one back there when I had the dash apart. I'll check again in a few days. Thanks for the reply. Could you point me in a direction to a picture of what this one looks like?

Jathejackson
Also check under the passenger's seat-need to remove it

Do you know which one you have?

Radio Circuit, W/ Macintosh Audio System
Radio Circuit, W/O Macintosh Audio System

I'm not sure which one it is. However, the green "amp" wire does run under the carpet in that area. I'll pull the seat and the carpet out and have a look.

Jathejackson
Did you locate the amplifier and fix the problem

Pulled both seats, center console, and carpet. No amp. I am going to have to cry uncle on this one. Taking it in on the 18th. Thanks anyway.

Jathejackson
Okay -why don't you just rewire the new unit and use the existing speakers-you should go this way