SUBARU BAJA ENGINE PROBLEM

2003 Subaru Baja • 144,000 miles

When I completely accelerate my subaru baja it hesitates when shifting from first to second and from second to third (it is an automatic transmission). If I accelerates normally the transmission changes perfectly. WE have changed spark plugs and wires, TPS, fuel pump and filter. It does not give any codes when it was scanned. The fuel pressure were within range 35 and 46. What can be the problem?

The Baja uses what I call a MAP (mainifold air pressure), the proper name per Subaru is intake pressure sensor, What this does is connected to the throttle body housing The ECM uses as indication of engine load and the ECM adjust fuel injector and ignition timing based on manifold pressure, So make sure no false air leak and suspect this sensor as the culprit

Randico
Do you feel it is trans related or engine related?

I think is engine related. The transmission shifts fine if I accelerated normally. Maybe electrical?

Jorgeagalloza
Hesitates? Does it top out on rpm? Will it keep accelarating after shifting?

Just before shifting it feels like it has not enough gas and it pauses, looses acceleration then shifts the gear and keeps accelerating until its ready to shift again. Also if I am cruising and step on the gas it does the same thing.

Jorgeagalloza
It almost sounds like the throttle pressure may need to be adjusted in the trans

Can you send me a diagram for the location of the throtle pressure? Thanks!

Jorgeagalloza