WHAT IS THE ESTIMATED COST TO REPLACE THE TRANSMISSION?

2003 Saturn L300 • 97,000 miles

My car is now at a Saturn certified repair shop. If the transmission is out, I wanted to know your estimate so I can know if I'm being gouged.
Write2paulawoods

What is your transmission doing?Lets start there I will also get you some prices.

The car gradually comes to a stop. It's already in the repair shop.

Write2paulawoods
Does that count as my answer? You answered with a question.

Write2paulawoods
If you don't know okay. If you do know, how much more money will it take to get the answer?

Write2paulawoods
I was trying to get some info to see if it sounded like you needed a transmission just trying to get you as much info as I can. Iam a factory trained saturn service tech so iam very experniced with issues those transmissions have. It just comes to a stop isnt much info on what its doing?Also to replace it would all depend on what they did like if they replaced it with a ised transmission or a remanufactured one etc.I also need your zip code.I will get you answers iam not trying to answer your question with a question just trying to help you with more then just heres what it cost.I have had people ask questions about how much to replace this or that and asking them a few questions found out they didnt need to replace it all.

About 10hrs labor times shop labor rate 80-100 per hr a used transmission about 800-1200 and a reman transmission 2000-2500. Plus fluids filter etc 120 plus alignment about 100.